The Vermont Workers Center – Jobs with Justice has an opening for a full-time organizer to coordinate our new “Healthcare Is A Human Right” grassroots organizing project. This position will be focused on building a statewide action network of Vermonters in working class communities and organized labor to fundamentally change the politics of healthcare reform. Applicants should have experience in union and/or grassroots community organizing, strong written and oral communication skills, computer skills, drivers’ license/vehicle and strong work ethic. Excellent benefits and the salary is at least $32K and will be more based on experience. For a more detailed job description, questions or to apply send your resume and a letter explaining why you would be a great fit for this job to info [at] workerscenter.org
- Burlington Free Press: “Thousands of Vermonters will lose Medicaid with end of Covid funding”
- Valley News: End of Medicaid’s pandemic rules will force many in NH, Vt. to seek new coverage
- WCAX: “Thousands of Vermonters expected to lose Medicaid following program change”
- Winter Leadership Retreat kicks off VWC’s 25th Anniversary Year
- RELEASE: Oregon Votes on Universal Healthcare. When Will We?